Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Angry Movie Lurker Review 27: Wall Street 2.(2 STARS)


The original of this movie has been shown quite a few time on a local cable channel which reminded me that I had seen the sequel recently and I should write something about it.The movie starts with Gordon Gekko (Douglas) being released from prison and no one to greet him and his anger with the world and who he saw  put him where he was Bretton James (Brolin) and uses the anger of Jake Moore (Labeouf) who believes that Bretton was the cause of his mentors death when he bought out their company. Jake is in a relationship with Gekko's daughter Winnie (Carey Mulligan) who hates her father because of the death of her brother.

What happens is that Gekko acts true to form and then develops a conscience, revenge is got and don't get me wrong I love revenge but I don't love this movie, maybe its La Beouf who hasn't done anything that brilliant that I even own apart from maybe Constantine, Michael Douglas is so-so and the message is now that greed is not only good but legal and the background story running through the movie of what has happened to America because of banks and financial institutions.

This might have earned 3 STARS if they had ended the movie 5 minutes earlier.

6 comments:

  1. I loved the first one and as soon as I saw them making a second one I knew it would suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you think so? I think it's a worthy sequel. Of course not as great as the first part, but still a brilliantly entertaining movie with a once again terrific Michael Douglas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the worst sequel, but certainly doesn't out shine the original. Good fair review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastico , complimenti !!
    I need to let you know that I have nominated you for the "Stylish Blogger Award"
    Te lo meriti !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave this one a miss, glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First one is definitely better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...