Monday, 31 January 2011

Angry Movie Lurker Review 25: Inception.(3 STARS)


Finally got to watch this and while it is a good movie with an interesting story about dream invasion it wasn't as good as I thought it would be primarily as Leonardo DiCaprio was in it and he just didn't with the part and irritated me something rotten.

Don't get me wrong its a good movie with some excellent performances from Tom Hardy and Ken Watanabe among some to mention, the effects are very good and yes you are left thinking at the end about wether you need to watch this again or you got what you wanted out of it but for me my dislike of DiCaprio surfaced again after his great Shutter Island performance.

It might have been very different with a different actor in the lead like a Ben Foster or a Karl Urban?

Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) is able to use his unique skills to his advantage - he can enter people's minds through their dreams and thereby learn their secrets. He is a thief for hire but Japanese businessman Mr. Saito (Ken Watanabe) has a somewhat different proposition for him. He wants Cobb to enter the mind of Robert Fischer Jr. (Cillian Murphy), who is about to inherit his father's massive business empire, to plant a simple notion: to break-up his father's conglomerate and sell it off. In return, Saito will make it possible for Cobb to freely return to the US where he is currently wanted by the police. Cobb accepts and assembles his team with a plan to plant the idea deep in Fisher's mind by generating a series of dreams within dreams so that he eventually thinks he came up with the idea himself. As the intended deception grows ever more complex, Cobb has to deal with his own emotions and feelings of guilt, which are projecting themselves into the dreamspace. Cobb has to deal with the eventual question of what is real and what is only a dream.

5 comments:

  1. I liked it, but I went in with low expectations due to all the critics loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, could've and should've been better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really liked it, some people don't think the same. I liked the idea especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this movie. While I agree it could have been better, I'd give it a 4 because it's a tiny light of hope in the present cookie-cutter state of movie production.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...