Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Angry Movie Lurker Review 19: Sherlock Holmes(2009).(4 STARS)


This is a quality movie reinventing the sherlock holmes legend and it was reinvented again by the BBC with the modern 3 part tv series in 2010(excellent).Sherlock Holmes is played by (Robert Downey JR, excellent) and assisted by Dr.Watson(Jude Law, very good  but I usually do not like him but in this its different) fighting the occult powers of Lord Blackwood (Mark Strong, excellent and the same  in Rocknrolla and Kick-Ass).Lord Blackwood is killing women and when caught by Sherlock Holmes he ends up been hanged for his crimes but rises up from the grave and continues with his plan which involves taking over the British goverment.

The action is fast and furious and very entertaining with a brilliant soundtrack(rocky road to dublin by the dubliners) and introduces an excellent Lestrade and an unidentified Professor Moriarty flexing his muscles.

 And part 2 has started filming going by this.....


3 comments:

  1. I think I was hungover and tired when I saw this on DVD, but I gotta say, I was underwhelmed. I never got into it at all. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it another try, you might be surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...